My first trip in Salcombe | Top 10 things to do in Salcombe and surrounding areas |
If you haven’t visited Salcombe or the surrounding area before then you are in for a real treat. Whether you are visiting for the day, have a weekend planned or are staying for a full week of activities there is plenty of things you can get up to in this fantastic location.
We have given you the top 10 things to do in Salcombe and the surrounding area!
- Breakfast at the winking prawn, a fantastic spot for a tasty full English breakfast. This restaurant is located right by the beach so you can enjoy the morning sun and coffee whilst watching the waves break on the shore. For those looking for a filling breakfast this place is perfect with its buffet full English breakfast.
- South Sands Ferry – if you fancy having a trip on a boat this is a great chance to do so and also see the picturesque golden beaches and Salcombe from the sea. You can catch this from South Sands beach and take the sea tractor into the sea to then get onto the boat. A great fun trip for all ages, this boat ride takes you into town onto Whitestrand where you will find the shops, café and eateries.
- Shopping – there are many shops to explore in Salcombe fore street and also Island street, from fishing accessories & sailing gear, to beautiful home furnishings, handbags and jewellery there is something for everyone in this fantastic range of outlets.
- Salcombe Dairy Ice Cream – there are several places you can get yourself a delicious Salcombe dairy ice cream, the shop itself is the best place in the centre of town, with a fantastic variety of flavours including the famous Salcombe mud!
- Salcombe Kayak Hire – If you are looking for something active to do then hook yourself up with some fantastic kayaks from Salcombe Kayak Salcombe, they have a variety of equipment that you can hire for half, or full day, you can also book for experience days.
- Beaches – if the weather is sunny there are many beaches you can go to including Mill Bay, a fantastic beach to enjoy the sunshine with lots of space, you can catch the boat taxi over from the Ferry steps. If you have a car then South Milton Sands is a great beach to explore, this beach is also national trust beach and you can enjoy watching the sun set on this one which we highly recommend.
- Champagne in the sunshine – if you are looking to enjoy a glass of champagne with sea views and tranquillity then Dick and Wills brassiere is the perfect location. Situated at the top of fore street, this idyllic venue boasts fantastic views of the waterfront, a great spot for a light lunch or an evening meal.
- Cream tea – Buckland Tout-Saints Hotel is a luxury country house hotel is situated in Kingsbridge in the stunning Devon South Hams, you can enjoy a lovely cream tea here, note you will need to have a car with you to get to this one.
- Pennywell farm – a fun family day out rain or shine, this multi award winning Farm activity park has Animals, activities, shows, displays and rides.
- Salcombe Gin Distillery, Tasting Bar & Gin School – why not book yourself into the Salcombe gin school to make your very own gin a fantastic experience and you leave with a great souvenir from your trip, or simply pop in to enjoy a gin & tonic in the gin bar itself.
A short ‘top 10’ things to do in Salcombe and the surrounding area but of course there is much more available. If you have any questions on accommodation, events or activities get in touch with the lovely ladies at Salcombe Tourist Information Centre – 01548 843927